Internet 1, Backhoe 0

Roeland M.J. Meyer rmeyer at mhsc.com
Fri Oct 9 18:13:03 UTC 1998

I just took a peek at the Gomes Gopher shirt.

IMHO, it would be a LOT better not to depict *any* person at all. Simply a
picture of the back-hoe, bright yellow, in the gun-sights. Make is a
hi-tech gun-sight with ranging ranging, azimuth, and elevation markings.
The back-hoe should be one of those enclosed driver compartment types so
the operator can't be seen.

No matter which operator is depicted, someone could construe it as being
racially/ personally defamitory. This would prevent many of us from wearing
it in the work-place.

At 08:00 AM 10/9/98 -1000, scott w wrote:

>On Fri, 9 Oct 1998, Harold Willison wrote:
>
>> I have a pretty good source for custom tshirts..
>> Picture on the front or back?
>

>On the back.  Pictures on the front are too geeky.
>"Let Fiber Live" under the picture?
>

>> Any wording on them? If so.. what?
>

>Small font size and small caps "nanog" on the front right top, no pocket.
>

>You know, wearing this in public is gonna cause "conversation" with the
>heavy equipment operators we may meet along the way...  :)

Roeland M.J. Meyer, ISOC (InterNIC RM993)
e-mail: <mailto:rmeyer at mhsc.com>rmeyer at mhsc.com
Internet phone: hawk.mhsc.com
Personal web pages: <http://www.mhsc.com/~rmeyer>www.mhsc.com/~rmeyer
Company web-site: <http://www.mhsc.com/>www.mhsc.com/