Where do you stand?

George J. Broadfoot III george at laserlink.net
Wed Oct 7 17:14:32 UTC 1998

1. let the domains gowithout a fight
2. Invoice the Accounting firm (without hope of getting paid). Cite a
serious accounting oversite and offer a 6 month payment plan with no
interest.
3. Post your original email over your desk with theis Irish
proverb -" Once shame on you. Twice shame on me."
4. In the future whenever anyone wants a favor - see number 3.

> From:          john at ciag.net (John Golovich)
> To:            nanog at merit.edu
> Date:          Wed, 7 Oct 1998 16:20:15 -0400
> Subject:       Where do you stand?

> What would you do in this case?
>
> You are contracted by an accounting firm and as a favor to them
> you provide email redirection, pop accounts, web redirection, and
> web space to their clients at no charge.
>
> Your company is the one who registers the domain name and pays
> for it.  In fact the domain name isnt in the name of the company,
> but is in fact in the name of your company.
>
> All of a sudden the individual stops dealing with the accounting
> firm.  Out of the blue, without any contact you receive a notice
> showing domain modifications.
>
> After perfoming 15 months of free service they dont even bother to
> call to tell you they are transfering the domain name they paid for.

George J. Broadfoot III
Director of Operations
Laser Link Network Services, Inc.
610.566.2993 FAX 610.566.9093