MAE NY?

Brian Horvitz horvitz at shore.net
Wed Oct 7 13:09:30 UTC 1998

On Tue, 6 Oct 1998, Randy Bush wrote:

> i should not speak for others, but i think that being at both coasts, with
> sufficient bandwidth between to handle the potatoes, is more important than
> at how many points one is present.  most peers just don't want to haul your
> traffic across the country on their nickel.

I should certainly agree.  But, having been through this before, I know I
have to deal with silly policies which don't apply to all situations.  My
traffic is entirely NE regional right now.  I think I'm being a hell of a
sport by delivering it down to say MAE East and AADS or something like
that.  When I have that established, and someone then comes back and tells
me that they won't peer just because I don't have a West coast presence, I
think that's rediculous.

  Brian