[YA] Fwd: Class B Purchase

Michael Dillon michael at memra.com
Tue Oct 6 20:55:04 UTC 1998

On Tue, 6 Oct 1998, Karl Denninger wrote:

> Oh, I'm quite certain  that the "registries" will recognize a court order,
> which, if they refuse to recognize a reassignment, is precisely what they
> *should* be forced to recognize.

The danger of applying for a court order is that you get the registry's
lawyers involved. At that point it becomes a legal battle that will be
decided in front of a judge and if that judge is in the USA, it will cost
you a pretty penny regardless of whether you win or lose. Since there is
virtually no case law to set legal precedent, it will be extremely
difficult for a company to win a legal case against the registries.

And what it all boils down to is simply this.

A. Sprint won't listen to small adress block announcements.

B. It is hard for a network with a small address block assignment to
   multihome, in fact they are at a disadvantage compared to their
   competitors.

C. Trade is being restrained.

My advice in this instance would be to sue Sprint for antitrust violations
because if you win then you get triple damages awarded and Sprint
definitely has the bank account to pay out on the award. Forget the
registries. They are just trying to do the best they can in the awkward
situation that was created by Sprint.

--
Michael Dillon                 -               E-mail: michael at memra.com
Check the website for my Internet World articles -  http://www.memra.com