[YA] Fwd: Class B Purchase

Karl Denninger karl at mcs.net
Tue Oct 6 14:19:21 UTC 1998

On Tue, Oct 06, 1998 at 07:28:17AM -0500, Brett Frankenberger wrote:
> :: Karl Denninger writes ::
> >
> > Oh, I'm quite certain  that the "registries" will recognize a court order,
> > which, if they refuse to recognize a reassignment, is precisely what they
> > *should* be forced to recognize.
>
> Of course.  If a class B is sold, and ARIN is ordered by federal court
> to register it to the buyer, I'm confident that they will.
>
> I'm also confident that it would be heavily discussed on lists such as
> this one.
>
> I think it's at least possible that some major providers would refuse
> to accept that route, in spite of the fact that ARIN's database would
> claim that it's valid.  Since ARIN has no enforcement power -- networks
> can accept or reject whatever routes they like -- what then?  Does the
> buyer then get a court order ordering every provider to accept the
> route?  Even if you can get such an order (and I'd be skeptical), it
> won't guarantee you reachability from outside the USA.
>

>           - Brett  (brettf at netcom.com)

Collusive behavior is a big, big problem Brett.  I'd love to see exactly
this kind of thing take place - it would be hilarious to see some of those
providers try to defend THAT.

Karl Denninger (karl at denninger.net) http://www.mcs.net/~karl
I ain't even *authorized* to speak for anyone other than myself, so give
up now on trying to associate my words with any particular organization.