[YA] Fwd: Class B Purchase

Brett Frankenberger brettf at netcom.com
Tue Oct 6 12:28:17 UTC 1998

:: Karl Denninger writes ::

> Oh, I'm quite certain  that the "registries" will recognize a court order,
> which, if they refuse to recognize a reassignment, is precisely what they
> *should* be forced to recognize.

Of course.  If a class B is sold, and ARIN is ordered by federal court
to register it to the buyer, I'm confident that they will.

I'm also confident that it would be heavily discussed on lists such as
this one.

I think it's at least possible that some major providers would refuse
to accept that route, in spite of the fact that ARIN's database would
claim that it's valid.  Since ARIN has no enforcement power -- networks
can accept or reject whatever routes they like -- what then?  Does the
buyer then get a court order ordering every provider to accept the
route?  Even if you can get such an order (and I'd be skeptical), it
won't guarantee you reachability from outside the USA.

          - Brett  (brettf at netcom.com)