fiber cut in GTE?

Jeff Mcadams jeffm at iglou.com
Mon Oct 5 19:40:31 UTC 1998

I have a T3 circuit with UU.Net that is carried through 6 telephone
companies (nightmare story of a turnup omitted).  It's currently down
and we're accessing the 'net through alternate connections.

This circuit is long-haul carried by GTE, and the word I am recieving
via UU.Net from WorldCom is that they suspect a fiber cut...most likely
in GTE.

That's about the limit of the information I have...anyone have any more
knowledge about any of this?
Jeff McAdams                            Email: jeffm at iglou.com
Head Network Administrator              Voice: (502) 966-3848
IgLou Internet Services                        (800) 436-4456