How many ASs are out there?

Jay Stewart cosmo at olywa.net
Mon Oct 5 15:14:46 UTC 1998

Well it looks like they (ARIN) are up to about 11554.  This AS was the last
created (Friday 10-1) according to the ARIN ASN database accessible from
"whois".

Jay Stewart
Vice President
Olympia Networking Services - "Premier Internet Access"
See our DSL offerings at http://www.olywa.net/dsl

-=-=-=-=-

c:\users\default>whois -h arin.net "as 11554"
AcadiaNet (ASN-ACADIANET)
   211 High St
   Ellsworth, ME 04605
   US

   Autonomous System Name: ACADIANET
   Autonomous System Number: 11554

   Coordinator:
      Kase, Jeff  (JK152-ARIN)  jkase at ACADIA.NET
      207-664-3100

   Record last updated on 01-Oct-98.
   Database last updated on 2-Oct-98 16:10:29 EDT.

The ARIN Registration Services Host contains ONLY Internet
Network Information: Networks, ASN's, and related POC's.
Please use the whois server at rs.internic.net for DOMAIN related
Information and nic.mil for NIPRNET Information.