Is the .to (Tonga) domain completely rogue and should be removed?

Michael Dillon michael at memra.com
Fri Oct 2 17:25:07 UTC 1998

On Thu, 1 Oct 1998, Barry Shein wrote:

> Also, I'm not sure I agree with your characterization that businesses
> etc which have registered a Tongan domain, but have no other
> relationship with Tonga, are "legitimate".

Would it be illegitimate for a writer to write an article for a travel
magazine about Tonga when that writer has no other relationship with Tonga
other than having spent 10 days vacationing there?

Would it be illegitimate for a wine merchant to advertise that they are a
"French" wine merchant when they have no other relationship with France
other than the fact that they buy wine from that country?

I could go on.

But I don't feel like a raving lunatic today. And I don't work for Best,
not now, not ever. And I have never been a sheriff in the state of Kansas
either.

--
Michael Dillon                 -               E-mail: michael at memra.com
Check the website for my Internet World articles -  http://www.memra.com