Is the .to (Tonga) domain completely rogue and should be removed?

Michael Dillon michael at memra.com
Fri Oct 2 17:16:54 UTC 1998

On Thu, 1 Oct 1998, Barry Shein wrote:

>  > It has been changed within the duration of this monster thread.

> Bingo!
>
> Now what do people have to say about my claim that some sort of active
> fraud appears to be going on?

Lunatic paranoid ravings.

Chances are the consulate website was hosted as on a virtual server using
host headers and you were using an old version of lynx that doesn't
understand host headers and therefore you got the wrong website. Then
someone at Best decided to fix the problem by either changing the
consulate to a unique IP address style of virtual site or by making the
consulate the default site on that server.

Or maybe Best was able to convince the Tongan government to pay a few more
bucks and have a colocated web server all to themsleves? I dunno. Maybe
you helped Best make the sale! Maybe Best should pay you a finders fee?
Maybe Best is a pack of liars and criminals who are taking money out of
*YOUR* pocket?

Or maybe your lunatic paranoid ravings are contagious? ;-)

I don't work for Best and after this message I'm sure they would never
have me anyway. ;-)

P.S. If you can't tell the difference between Michael and Matt then you
need remedial reading classes so just DON'T GO THERE!!! OK?

--
Michael Dillon                 -               E-mail: michael at memra.com
Check the website for my Internet World articles -  http://www.memra.com