Is the .to (Tonga) domain completely rogue and should be removed?

Aaron Goldblatt aglists at goldblatt.net
Fri Oct 2 03:27:50 UTC 1998

>Aaron: Clearly we're talking about what to do in reaction to some of
>the worst kinds of abusers on the net, second perhaps only to outright
>crackers and smurfers, and the mismanaged resources they exploit.

Okay, lemme ask ya something.

You say the TLD is mismanaged.  Have you followed the policy that they've
promulgated to deal with abuse?  If you have not followed their procedure
for dealing with abuse, you have no way to say that a place is mismanaged
or not.

For example, I can tell you that the car repair shop I used to fix my car
is likely suffering from mismanagement.  I left my car with them, and they
didn't execute my service requests properly, and when I followed their
customer satisfaction procedures I still was not satisfied appropriately.

However, I can't say that about the fast food restaurant I went to today
and got bad food from.  I didn't bother following it up.  The fact that I
got bad food by itself doesn't mean much, since I made no management
attempt to resolve it.

Think about that before you spout again.