Is the .to (Tonga) domain completely rogue and should be removed?

Jay R. Ashworth jra at scfn.thpl.lib.fl.us
Thu Oct 1 23:43:36 UTC 1998

On Thu, Oct 01, 1998 at 02:23:30PM -0400, Barry Shein wrote:
> On October 1, 1998 at 11:09 memory at blank.org (Nathan J. Mehl) wrote:
>  > Barry, this seems sort of silly.  They have a stated abuse policy.  You
>  > have evidence that one of their registrants is operating in contravention
>  > to that policy.  What on earth is preventing you from making the obvious
>  > phone call?
>
> Gosh that sounds so good Nathan.
>
> Unfortunately, as of right this minute, 10/1 at 2:20PM EDT, these porn
> domain forgers are back on the Tonga site and spamming away again
> forging our domain name into their spams.
>
> Something is very, very wrong with the Tongan domain and its
> management. They're not removing criminal domain-hijacking spammers,
> they're just letting them change their name as far as I can tell.

Damnit, Barry:

DID YOU MAKE THE CALL?

Cjeers,
-- jra
Member of the Technical Staff     "The net is safer in bad weather: you
The Suncoast Freenet               can't run a backhoe
Tampa Bay, Florida     in a hurricane."  (after Sean Donelan)  +1 813 790 7592

Managing Editor, Top Of The Key sports e-zine ------------ http://www.totk.com