Is the .to (Tonga) domain completely rogue and should be removed?

Steven J. Sobol sjsobol at nacs.net
Thu Oct 1 23:28:20 UTC 1998

On Thu, Oct 01, 1998 at 04:22:21AM -0400, Barry Shein wrote:

> In high school some upper-class students would sell incoming freshman
> swimming pool passes. Unfortunately, our high school had no swimming
> pool. But I guess if they paid for them they were "legitimate" pool
> passes.

If the Tongan government were taking payments for domains that were
subsequently never registered, you'd have a point.

> for the .to TLD? Such as serving the Kingdom of Tonga or entities
> organized in the Kingdom of Tonga in any way? Or is it just rogue?

Would you even be raising these questions if someone using a .TO domain
hadn't forged a std.com address?

--

Anyone who spams me will be subject to torture by Jake,
my killer attack hedgehog, and/or Lizzy and Junior, my man-eating iguanas.