Is the .to (Tonga) domain completely rogue and should be removed?

Roeland M.J. Meyer rmeyer at mhsc.com
Thu Oct 1 21:51:14 UTC 1998

WRT "Is the .to (Tonga) domain completely rogue and should be removed?"

>plonk<

This is the first filter I've had to place in NANOG. This subject is really
in the Domain-Policy area and not a part of NANOG. By definition, TO is not
in the realm of NANOG.

I note that Domain-Policy list is not even on this distro, whereas I know
for fact that you have also posted this subject there as well. Please leave
it there, that is where it properly belongs. Yes, many of us are also
subscribers to domain-policy list at the InterNIC. Actually, your remove TO
rant should go to IANA, but we both know that Postel is unresponsive to
such complaints.

Be that as it may, I rather not see this rant in NANOG any longer.
Morgan Hill Software Company, Inc.
Colorado Springs, CO - Livermore, CA - Morgan Hill,
CA
Domain Administrator
MHSC2-DOM and MHSC3-DOM
Administrative and Technical contact
InterNIC Id: MHSC hostmaster (HM239-ORG)
e-mail: <mailto:hostmaster at mhsc.com>mailto:hostmaster at mhsc.com
web -pages: <http://www.mhsc.com/>http://www.mhsc.com/