Is the .to (Tonga) domain completely rogue an

Eric Gullichsen egullich at tonic.to
Thu Oct 1 18:50:56 UTC 1998

Mr. Shein:

> With all due respect, I think your management of the .to domain is a
> hazard to the internet and should be ceased immediately. By your gross
> negligence you are providing safe haven to criminals.

I'm sorry, but your reply leaves me somewhat mystified.

If you could be more specific as to what acts of "gross negligence"
you believe Tonic is guilty of in its management of the .TO top level
domain, we would take your opinions under serious evaluation and
see if there are ways we could improve the operation of our registry.

> As of this minute, about 2:30PM EDT 10/1/98, the domain-hijacker
> spammers have a web address in the .to domain and are
> spamming/domain-forging to advertise this, as they have been
> doing for weeks.

In my last posting, I brought to your attention the existence of
our pioneering antispam policy.  If you could be specific as to
which "domain-hijacker spammers have a web address in the .to domain"
and send a copy of the spam(s) to hostmaster at tonic.to,
we would be able to warn the domain name holders, and/or
terminate their domain name registration if they are in repeated
violation of our antispam policy.

Regards,

- Eric Gullichsen
  Tonic Corporation
  Kingdom of Tonga Network Information Center
  http://www.tonic.to
  Email: egullich at tonic.to