Is the .to (Tonga) domain completely rogue and should be removed?

Aaron Goldblatt aglists at goldblatt.net
Thu Oct 1 16:54:00 UTC 1998

>The question isn't so much "does there exist any non-criminal SLD in
>the .to TLD". The question is: Does there exist any legitimate purpose
>for the .to TLD? Such as serving the Kingdom of Tonga or entities
>organized in the Kingdom of Tonga in any way? Or is it just rogue?

That's for the owners of the TLD to decide, isn't it?  Who are you or I to
determine what is and is not in the interests of the Kingdom of Tonga?  For
example, can you tell me with absolute certainty that the porn sites you're
complaining about aren't in fact funded and operated by the government,
with the profits of these operations going into government coffers?  Just
'cause that kind of thing is incomprehensible in the United States doesn't
mean that it can't, or even shouldn't, happen.

ag