Is the .to (Tonga) domain completely rogue and should be removed?

Barry Shein bzs at world.std.com
Thu Oct 1 17:23:35 UTC 1998

On October 1, 1998 at 01:37 jh at harkin.net (John Harkin) wrote:
 > At 12:22 AM -0700 10/1/98, Barry Shein wrote:
 > >So, to spell it out, the question is not whether or not there are
 > >non-porn sites in the .to domain. The question is whether or not there
 > >are any Tongan activities in the Tongan domain? Since the US Consulate
 > >of the Kingdom of Tonga isn't even a Tongan site one wonders just what
 > >purpose this domain is serving.
 >
 > The Tongan consulate in SF *is* Tongan territory, not US.  Seems like a
 > good place to keep a server to keep its traffic off the satellite to me.

The server with the tongan consulate net address appears to be a web
server for some software company and has nothing to do with Tonga as
far as I can tell.

Is it located at the Tongan consulate?

--
        -Barry Shein

Software Tool & Die    | bzs at world.std.com          | http://www.world.com
The World              | Public Access Internet     | Since 1989     *oo*