Is the .to (Tonga) domain completely rogue and should be removed?

Aaron Goldblatt aglists at goldblatt.net
Thu Oct 1 15:26:02 UTC 1998

>But we can cut off our half of the connection if we feel it is
>primarily malicious and abusive.

So, feel free to filter any IPs you see coming to Software Tool and Die's
routers that reverse to a .to domain.  Fire up your procmail filters.

But I have legitimate business with a client who is registered in the .to
TLD.  Where he got that registration from really is none of my business,
from a strictly operational standpoint.  My job is to make sure that my
customers can talk to him if they want/need to.

Deactivating his TLD just 'cause one guy is getting spammed by them is ...
well ... silly?  I guess that means we should revoke AOL's SLD, and
Hotmail's SLD, and Yahoo's SLD ... I get spam from them -all-the-time-.

ag