Is the .to (Tonga) domain completely rogue and should be removed?

Steven J. Sobol sjsobol at nacs.net
Thu Oct 1 06:07:27 UTC 1998

On Thu, Oct 01, 1998 at 12:13:51AM -0500, Jeremy Porter wrote:

> In message <19980930233307.53929 at shell.nacs.net>, "Steven J. Sobol" writes:
> >On Wed, Sep 30, 1998 at 08:57:08PM -0500, Jeremy Porter wrote:
> >
> >> So what you are saying is that Barry has a perfectly functional
> >> method of dealing with the problem and all the rest of this is a complete
> >> and utter waste of our time.
> >> Mr Sobol's comments doubly so, as they add no new information.
>
> RBL doesn't work?  Abuse reporting doesn't work.  Strong claims, lets
> see some proof?

> >Where do you see him saying that? I don't think either your solution or his
> >will work.

I was referring to Barry's solution (disabling whole TLDs) versus DoS
attacks. *Neither* of those actions constitutes a solution to the problem
being discussed. I apologize for not being clearer. Again, as I mentioned
before, I am not arguing the effectiveness of the RBL.

--

Anyone who spams me will be subject to torture by Jake,
my killer attack hedgehog, and/or Lizzy and Junior, my man-eating iguanas.