IMAP attacks continue

alex at relcom.EU.net alex at relcom.EU.net
Sun Nov 22 21:36:37 UTC 1998

Anyway, I recommend you to WARN the owners of this servers _you server NO DOUBT T
IS BROKEN and abused by the hacker_.

I see al (ALL) domains the scanning was originated from
are in the list of the domains where sniffers is known was
installed and passworeds collected by the hackers. Unfortunately,
this is (mainly) big educational networks where sysadmins are clueless
about security and abusing.

I have got answers on my WARN messages at (approx) 50% cases, mainly from
small commecrial companies, sometimes from ISP, and rarely from
the universities. I can provide you a few examples of such networks.

--
Aleksei Roudnev, Network Operations Center, Relcom, Moscow
(+7 095) 194-19-95 (Network Operations Center Hot Line),(+7 095) 239-10-10, N 13729 (pager)