Lawsuit threat against RBL users

Rich Sena ras at poppa.clubrich.tiac.net
Sun Nov 22 03:49:27 UTC 1998

Hey Sheryl - I was originally pretty vocal against this - I worked for an
isp that faced this issue but to tell you the truth I have definately
changed my tune - the account that was created on your network for
webservice was deliberately created with that in mind to be a listing add
in a spam from another ISP - this more than likely is the same person
who's account you just cancelled for spamming using your network - except
now s/he has gotten "smart" and think they've found a loophole. It's
better for all involved if you close the loophole.  No one will be able to
act on her/him from the throw away isp's that s/he uses - they could care
less if that account gets nuked - but the site is the dealio - that is
their profit - so they sanitize it so that there is no excuse for nuking
it.

I would just modify your AUP to include a "spamvertised site" clause.

I am nothing if not net-Q! - ras at poppa.clubrich.tiac.net