NSI policy on lame delagations

Michael Dillon michael at memra.com
Sat Nov 21 17:58:27 UTC 1998

On Fri, 20 Nov 1998, Patrick Greenwell wrote:

> While an interesting statement in philosophy, I fail to understand the
> practical applicability of your advice in real world operations.

The practical applicability is that you should always set up nameservice
for a new domain and then send in the Internic application. With the
automated systems that most ISPs are using these days it should be no
problem to do this. There is no good technical reason to wait until a
domain registration is processed before setting up nameservice.

--
Michael Dillon                 -               E-mail: michael at memra.com
Check the website for my Internet World articles -  http://www.memra.com