NSI policy on lame delegations

John Fraizer John.Fraizer at EnterZone.Net
Sat Nov 21 17:24:36 UTC 1998

You're kidding, right?  It becomes a matter of disservice when I stop/start
a nameserver so we can add
"im-cool-i-have-my-own-domain-now-what-do-i-do-with-it.com".  It flushes
the caches and causes dns lookups for our clients to take longer, not to
mention the fact that it increases traffic on the global net.  If every
isp/nsp did this, the entire cacheing function of DNS would be moot.  Noone
would have a live cache.

When someone signs up for hosting services with us, they are not told "your
zone entry will be live in our servers before I hit the send button on your
domain app."  They wouldn't have a clue what I was talking about to begin
with.  Secondly, until the app is processed, my servers AREN'T
authoritative for the domain.  More than once, I have sent in a
registration for a domain that was available in whois only to have it
rejected.  Some other person beat me to the punch by a few minutes and the
domain was awarded to them.

Get your *FREE* Parked Domain account at http://www.EZ-Hosting.Com