NSI policy on lame delagations

Chris Josephes cjoseph at mr.net
Sat Nov 21 02:45:49 UTC 1998

On Fri, 20 Nov 1998, Patrick Greenwell wrote:

> Also, on rare occasions I have come across "whois" records
> for domains
> that show only one DNS server appearing, not the customary
> (and required)
> two.

FWIW, About 3 months ago I registered a domain with two nameservers, only
the primary wasn't listed in the whois database at the time.  For about 2
days, the whois record only listed the secondary nameserver (but both NS
records were listed when looked up in the root servers).

 Chris Josephes      __/       MRNet   \
 chrisj at mr.net    __/ http://www.mr.net/