luser of the day award!

Owen DeLong owen at dixon.DeLong.SJ.CA.US
Fri Nov 20 18:40:41 UTC 1998

MAPS is good.  Paul is to be commended for his efforts against SPAM.

Should Alan actually file suit against Paul, I, for one, will contribute
whatever I can to his defense, including time as well as money.  I would
hope that by now there are at least a few internet-savvy lawyers out there
who might even take Pauls case on a pro-bono basis.

BBS PRESS has no right to expect connectivity from anyone using the MAPS
list, unless they are paying that company for connectivity.  The internet
works because people are willing to exchange traffic on a good-neighbor
basis.  Suing the guy two blocks away because he put a gate up to prevent
you from walking through his front yard makes very little sense.

Owen