Black Hole Vixie/RBL

Dalvenjah FoxFire dalvenjah at dal.net
Thu Nov 19 22:10:45 UTC 1998

On Thu, Nov 19, 1998 at 09:09:45AM -0800, Paul Vixie put this into my mailbox:

> I will at some point today drink enough coffee to gain the self control it
> would take to not answer crazies.  Because that time has not yet come, I can
> only hope that you, the reader, will delete this message without reading any
> further.

There are two entries in my .procmailrc that help prevent me from replying
to the nutbags. Here they are, for anyone else's use:

:0
* ^From:.*fleming at unety\.net
/dev/null

:0
* ^From:.*bob at fcn\.net
/dev/null

I find reading mail much more worthwhile after these filters are applied.
Not only do I have to wade through less crap, but the content seems more
intelligent, as well.

Consider this my contribution to the NANOG-RBL. I'm sure someone could
come up with an equivalent that you can use to configure your routers
(hi Randy!).

-dalvenjah 'so I just figured out that "maps" is "spam" backwards..'

--
 Dalvenjah FoxFire (aka Sven Nielsen) "He was the kind of guy who wouldn't
 Founder, the DALnet IRC Network       crack a smile if Strom Thurmond showed