Where has the operational part of Nanog gone?

Steve Noble snoble at sonn.com
Wed Nov 18 23:52:23 UTC 1998

If this issue directly affected you, you should have contacted us and you
would have been given the information (as much as we could give).  If you
were not directly affected, or you did not contact us, you should not expect
timely information.  A post was made to nanog by the correct people once there
was a solution and everything was over, and yet this thread STILL goes on.  It
makes me wonder if people want answers or something to complain about.

Of course, I don't see anyone else who is posting here as an owner of one of
the other blocks, so I guess Exodus is ahead in that line.

I do like how everyone jumps the issue:  the problem WAS taken care of
and in a timly manner, much better then I have personally seen when dealing
with attacks of this sort with other ISP's.  All I see is a bunch of people
complaining that Exodus didn't do this, or Exodus didn't do that, all of that
is secondary to the primary issue, the problem was resolved. Lets get back to
real operational issues.

On Wed, Nov 18, 1998 at 06:34:26PM -0500, Steven J. Sobol wrote:
> I don't know, because several Exodus employees happen to post here, maybe?

Exodus employee's normally post durring such things as fiber cuts and real
operational issues to spread as much useful information as possible whenver
possible.

> And when everyone suddenly went silent, it didn't look too impressive for your
> company.

No one 'went' silent, most of the people who post were either asleep, not
around or working on the issue.

> Again, at the risk of repeating myself a third time: A one-line message
> would probably have been enough...

and again at the risk of repeating myself, the problem was dealt with in a
timly manner, I don't see why everyone is complaining.