Journal of Internet Disasters

J.D. Falk jdfalk at cp.net
Tue Nov 17 19:04:41 UTC 1998

On 11/16/98, Dave Crocker <dcrocker at brandenburg.com> wrote:

> That does not mean no oversight.  It merely means finding non-governmental
> methods of achieving the oversight.  I suggest, for example, that a
> competent and careful effort of the type Sean is suggesting would go a
> long, long way towards helping things, by providing public and clear
> explanations of problems.  Yes, it is possible that some ISPs would choose
> to ignore the public disclosure, but let's worry about that problem after
> give simple, public discourse a try.  Such an approach has a good track on
> the Internet.

	Furthermore...I'd be willing to bet that if the FCC or whoever
	got a lot of complaints, they'd form an oversight committee.

	Why not just form one ourselves, making sure that it's answerable
	to the needs of the Internet community?

--
J.D. Falk <jdfalk at cp.net>                                 "Nathan says hi."
Special Agent In Charge (Abuse Issues)