RBL quandry - opinions hereby solicited

Phil Howard phil at whistler.intur.net
Tue Nov 17 17:20:38 UTC 1998

Dean Anderson wrote:

> their customers.  Not potential future customers. Existing customers.  They
> didn't buy this list from somewhere. They asked for, and required customers
> to give this information, and to give them permission to send email.

That's not asking for it.  That's demanding it.  No e-mail ... no domain.
Until NSI does not have an actual monopoly on TLDs, then it is a form of
legalized extortion.  You can prove to me otherwise by registering a domain
in a gTLD either w/o giving any addresses.

--
  --   | Inturnet, Inc.              | Director of Internet Services |   --