RBL quandry - opinions hereby solicited

Steven J. Sobol sjsobol at nacs.net
Tue Nov 17 05:25:35 UTC 1998

On Mon, Nov 16, 1998 at 05:45:19PM +0000, Mike Reno wrote:
> It seems to be the same email address each time.
> Something along the lines of nosuchemail at worldnic.com
> I would suspect it is read by someone on their staff unless it aliases over
> to /dev/null.
> Try going thru the process of registering a domain on the worldnic.com site
> and you will see that both the email address and fax number are optional.

A fax number isn't essential. Neither the email address nor the phone number
should be optional, although even with current InterNIC registrations the
validity of such information isn't checked. A certain backbone... ok,
Sprint... :) had a bunch of ARIN and InterNIC contacts listed with bogus
e-mail addys and phone numbers as recently as a year ago. Not sure if they
still do.

--
Steve Sobol [sjsobol at nacs.net]
Part-time Support Droid [support at nacs.net]

Spotted on a bumper sticker: "Possum. The other white meat."