Hold on to your news servers

Scott Gifford sgifford at tir.com
Mon Nov 16 23:39:55 UTC 1998

>> I think a lot of people hope you are reconsidering your plans to do this.
>> It's a nice idea, and your motivation is good. It just won't work in
>> practice.  So, in my nicest and most appreciative tone, I would like to
ask
>> you on behalf of myself and many people who are also appreciative of your
>> efforts and your motives to reconsider and abandon this plan.
>
>I'd be happy to abandon it if something that accomplishes the same job, or
>substantially the same job, shows up before it goes online.

  Have you considered using NoCeM's to do this?  This would be much more
opt-in, as somebody would have to specifically configure NoCeM to accept
your key.  It is also much more efficient than cancels, at least
propogation-wise.

  Just a thought from a news administrator who doesn't want to be processing
300,000+ cancels a day all of a sudden,

-------Scott.