Exodus / Clue problems

John Fraizer John.Fraizer at EnterZone.Net
Mon Nov 16 20:46:28 UTC 1998

Why on earth would anyone let any of the following networks in to their
network at the border?

10.0.0.0/8
172.16.0.0/12
192.168.0.0/16

Hell, for that matter, I block anything claiming to be from our networks as
well.  There's no way they'll be originating from the outside unless it's
spoofed.

Nothing and I mean NOTHING claiming to be from any of them at your border
is valid.

At 09:36 PM 11/15/98 -0500, Adam Rothschild wrote:
>On Sun, 15 Nov 1998, Dave Van Allen wrote:
>
>> Same here, dozens of times in a few seconds just now, to all listed
>> nameservers...  I can't imagine what "process" could do this
>> unintentionally.  Exodus???  You home?
>
>Interesting you mention this.  I've noticed the following on a FreeBSD
>2.2.6 box, running BIND 8.1.2...
>
>server# netstat
>Active Internet connections
>Proto Recv-Q Send-Q  Local Address          Foreign Address        (state)
>tcp        0      0  server.4375          172.16.1.1.1984
>SYN_SENT
>tcp        0      0  server.ftp           server.4374
>TIME_WAIT
>
>Internal addr space... port 1984.. cute.

-------
John Fraizer                      |    __   _
The System Administrator          |   / /  (_)__  __ ____  __ | The choice
mailto:John.Fraizer at EnterZone.Net |  / /__/ / _ \/ // /\ \/ / |  of a GNU
http://www.EnterZone.Net/         | /____/_/_//_/\_,_/ /_/\_\ | Generation
                     A 486 is a terrible thing to waste...