Exodus / Clue problems

just me. matt at camel.ethereal.net
Mon Nov 16 18:39:04 UTC 1998

On Mon, 16 Nov 1998, TTSG wrote:

> 	My big carrot stick (I'm a veggie, so I don't eat beef) is that if
> the person was connected to the box (And it wasn't just a script running)
> we could have done more tracing.

"We"?

If they were aware that illegal activity was taking place on that machine and
left it on the network for any reason, they would have been prosecutable as
accessories for any attacks or violations that took place while an 'analysis'
was being done.

Yes, it would have been interesting to take a look. But it would have been
business suicide for them to do so.

  Matt Ghali MG406/GM023JP Currently somewhere between Asia and the US
  "Sub-optimal is a state of mind." -Dave Rand, <dlr at bungi.com>