RBL quandry - opinions hereby solicited

Dan Maus dan at MyNet.org
Mon Nov 16 15:34:02 UTC 1998

> From errors-nohumans at merit.edu Mon Nov 16 03:34 MST 1998
> To: nanog at merit.edu
> Subject: RBL quandry - opinions hereby solicited
> Date: Mon, 16 Nov 1998 02:17:36 -0800
> From: Paul A Vixie <paul at vix.com>

I fully support you if you decide to blackhole Network Solutions.

I also support the revocation of their NSF contract for improper use of
the domain contact information entrusted to them.

This is another round from them, we got several copies of a hostmaster
$1000 seminar spam from them a couple of months ago.

I despise all spam, especially the scum eminating from Network Solutions,

It's time for somebody to take out the trash.

NSI needs to be fired for abusing our resources, in my opinion.

If they don't have enough bandwidth to handle whois requests and
TLD zone transfers to root-servers.net then they sure as hell don't have
enough bandwidth to be spamming us at our expense.  Off with their head.

				Dan