Exodus / Clue problems

TTSG ttsg at ttsg.com
Mon Nov 16 12:55:56 UTC 1998

> > >  The owner did not allow any further action to the box except to have it
> > > removed from the network .  So until the owner sends someone in to clean up
> > > we won't know anything more.
> > >
> > 	8-(  Did Exodus atleast try to do some sniffing of traffic or
> > captures at the router or SOMETHING?  Or will we never know anything more
> > about this?
>
> The way to deal with owners like this is to have a good contact with FBI
> folks that investigate this stuff. Believe it or not, FBI is quite
> efficient in obtaining evidence ;)

	My big carrot stick (I'm a veggie, so I don't eat beef) is that if
the person was connected to the box (And it wasn't just a script running)
we could have done more tracing.

	If they weren't, we could atleast try to find out how/what they
were doing and see if there is a new advisory that should be published.

	Now we have to deal with AFTER the fact, instead of IN-PROGRESS.

				Tuc/TTSG