was i asleep when the gtld servers had the worse problem today?

Steven J. Sobol sjsobol at nacs.net
Sun Nov 15 06:23:14 UTC 1998

On Fri, Nov 13, 1998 at 03:51:09AM -0800, Randy Bush wrote:
> if i understand, f.root-servers.net was having problems doing an axfr
> from a.root-servers.net.  has anyone determined a technical reason why?
>
> and could we all please skip the ad homina?  thanks.

Against who?

The only person who has been named here is Holtzman. And as far as I'm
concerned, since NetSol is providing a service which is vital to the
operation of the Internet (unless y'all want to start memorizing IPs),
discussion of their behavior when dealing with problems is *not* off-topic
here. As for what I've said being construed as an ad hominem, so be it. What
I've said about David Holtzman is *true*.

--
Steve Sobol [sjsobol at nacs.net]
Part-time Support Droid [support at nacs.net]

Spotted on a bumper sticker: "Possum. The other white meat."