QUICKER FIX Re: [fjk].gtld-servers.net bogus for .com

Marc Slemko marcs at znep.com
Wed Nov 11 20:35:12 UTC 1998

On Wed, 11 Nov 1998, J.D. Falk wrote:

> 	Many thanks to my friend & cow-orker Tristan Horn for this
> 	idea...in BIND 8 you can define servers as bogus (meaning
> 	"don't ever trust these") as follows:
>
> // [fjkl].root-servers.net
> server 192.5.5.241 { bogus yes; };
> server 198.41.0.10 { bogus yes; };
> server 193.0.14.129 { bogus yes; };
> server 198.32.64.12 { bogus yes; };

Note that f.gtld-servers.net was the long-running one giving real
problems.  [fjk].gtld-servers.net were the ones I saw giving false
nxdomains at ~1000 pdt, [jk] were fixed by ~1030 and f was taken down
~1200.  Two hours!  Sheesh.

It appears to be fixed now.  f.gtld-servers.net is down, a few others are
giving referals to the .com nameservers (still "broken", but doesn't break
things the same).

By fixed, I mean you shouldn't see false nxdomains and things should all
resolve fine.