ARIN?

John Fraizer John.Fraizer at EnterZone.Net
Wed Nov 11 00:55:23 UTC 1998

At 06:58 PM 11/10/98 -0500, Jeff Mcadams wrote:
>>An _address_allocation_ that small just doesn't
>>require that level of public contact visibility."
>
>Here I disagree.  As I (and others have pointed out) there are people
>with /32's that have just as much administrative control over their IP
>"space" as someone with a /25 might have.  I have *several* customers,
>and we're not all that big of an ISP, that have *full* administrative
>control over their IP space with the one exception of reverse lookups.

I was quoting someone else and merely replaced the word "network" with
"address_allocation."

Why don't they have reverse lookups?  in-addr.arpa records control is the
only reason I care about having address space under my maintainer ID to
start with.

-------
John Fraizer                      |    __   _
The System Administrator          |   / /  (_)__  __ ____  __ | The choice
mailto:John.Fraizer at EnterZone.Net |  / /__/ / _ \/ // /\ \/ / |  of a GNU
http://www.EnterZone.Net/         | /____/_/_//_/\_,_/ /_/\_\ | Generation
                     A 486 is a terrible thing to waste...