ARIN?

Steven J. Sobol sjsobol at nacs.net
Mon Nov 9 04:37:30 UTC 1998

On Sun, Nov 08, 1998 at 07:01:13PM -0500, Kim Hubbard wrote:

> By asking you not to SWIP assignments longer than /29 ARIN is not
> encouraging you to not issue them, we just don't think it's necessary
> to have every single dialup user listed in WHOIS.

I have to agree with Kim. That's why I shuddered when I thought of
every single static IP address at every ISP being SWIP'd. It would increase
ARIN's database exponentially and is not necessary.

--
Steve Sobol [sjsobol at nacs.net]
Part-time Support Droid [support at nacs.net]

Spotted on a bumper sticker: "Possum. The other white meat."