This may sound like a stupid question, but.....

Jay R. Ashworth jra at scfn.thpl.lib.fl.us
Sat Nov 7 22:41:56 UTC 1998

On Wed, Nov 04, 1998 at 05:43:59PM -0600, LadyDiana wrote:
> I work in telephony network management/switch surveillance, and as the
> backhoes are surely a thorn in our sides (anyone know where I can get a
> T-shirt?  Actually, about twelve of them...) I made the somewhat founded
> assumption that this was a somewhat like-minded group.

I'm working on the shirts right now.  :-)

> Does anyone know if there is a telephony network operators group out there?
> And how I could go about joining it?  It's not that I don't like the company
> of you fine people, but I haven't the FOGGIEST idea of what the *HELL* you
> are talking about.  And I really would dig being able to trade the sort of
> (obviously important, even to a computer network idjit like me!) information
> with people that speak MY language.

:-)

comp.dcom.telecom{.tech} might help you out a bit.  Mostly what you'll
find on here is the actual outage reports.

Cheers,
-- jra
Member of the Technical Staff     Buy copies of The New Hackers Dictionary.
The Suncoast Freenet            Give them to all your friends.
Tampa Bay, Florida     http://www.ccil.org/jargon/             +1 813 790 7592