time for a new list?

Hank Nussbacher hank at ibm.net.il
Sat Nov 7 19:52:19 UTC 1998

At 11:57 PM 11/2/98 -0700, Forrest W. Christian wrote:

Assuming we can't agree on what is valid and what is not - then how about a
list where a user can only post 5 messages per month?  If you need to post
more than 5 messages a month to NANOG - then there is something wrong.  This
would eliminate the "I said, you said" flame wars between antagonists.  If
some emergency came along where one had to post more than 5 a month, they
would have to approach merit anf justify why this month is an exception.
The number 5 can be 3 or 7 for that matter.  The only question is the list
serving technology (majordomo, listserv, etc.).  If it is able to handle
such a function (or easily modified), we might be able to cut down on the
noise a bit.

-Hank