ARIN?

Brandon Ross bross at mindspring.net
Sat Nov 7 10:41:46 UTC 1998

On Sat, 7 Nov 1998, Christian Kratzer wrote:

> I don't think arin would object to you giving out static ip's to
> those of your users who specifically requst this service. ARIN
> will object if you want to assign a static ip every win95 Dialup
> person who justs uses the net to surf and check his mail.

Unless you are @home who they have permitted to assign all of their users
static IPs.

Brandon Ross            Network Engineering     404-815-0770 800-719-4664
Director, Network Engineering, MindSpring Ent., Inc.  info at mindspring.com
                                                            ICQ:  2269442

Stop Smurf attacks!  Configure your router interfaces to block directed
broadcasts. See http://www.quadrunner.com/~chuegen/smurf.cgi for details.