ARIN?

Jon Lewis jlewis at inorganic5.fdt.net
Fri Nov 6 07:49:19 UTC 1998

On Thu, 5 Nov 1998, I Am Not An Isp wrote:

> However, they are under a greater burden than your traditional ISP.  Most
> of the equipment they were forced to use in the "early days", and possibly
> a good deal of it today, is not what I would call "optimal".  They are
> forced to allocate /24s to some cable routers no matter how few customers
> there are on that router.  Most do not understand classless IP, or even

So can I qualify for my own chunk of space (I'll be nice and only ask for
a /16) if I use RIP and can't subnet?  I find it hard to believe ARIN
would buy "but my routers won't let me subnet" as justification for
address space.

---dont't waste your cpu, crack rc5...www.distributed.net team enzo---
 Jon Lewis <jlewis at fdt.net>  |  Spammers will be winnuked or
 Network Administrator       |  nestea'd...whatever it takes
 Florida Digital Turnpike    |  to get the job done.
______http://inorganic5.fdt.net/~jlewis/pgp for PGP public key________