FCC Ruling, Cost of Internet

Bret McDanel bret at rehost.com
Wed Nov 4 14:29:55 UTC 1998

---Reply on mail from Peter Stemwedel about FCC Ruling, Cost of Internet

> Actually, what the FCC stated was that this tariff was filed properly as
> the DSL lines are an extension of GTE's inter-LATA frame network.  Seems
> pretty dubious to me, although it's not the whole Internet as long distance
> thing which I was afraid of at first.  Apparently there's to be yet another
> FCC statement on either access fees or reciprocal comp (I cant remember
> which but I think it's the latter) by the end of the week.  Those RBOCs
> must have a bunch of lobbyist hanging out at the FCC.

If it is for DSL lines, and if they are ruled to be non local, wouldnt
that mean that the rbocs arent required to resell this service to the IXCs
(and other ISPs) since the current ruling is for local service (at no less
than a 17% discount no less)???

--
Bret McDanel                                    http://www.rehost.com
Realistic Technologies, Inc.                             973-514-1144

     These opinions are mine, and may not be the same as my employer