time for a new list?

Peter Polasek pete at cobra.brass.com
Tue Nov 3 15:27:48 UTC 1998

I think that all that's needed are some loose guidelines.  The
sun-managers list, for example, loosely requires that all issues
be discussed off-line (i.e. through direct e-mail to the submitter)
after an issue has been initially submitted to the list.  The submitter
is then required to issue a summary of the results after all
place (that I know of) is that the group mail-server rejects replies
to the list address (which eliminates 95% of off-line discussions
from being broadcast to the list).  There are some habitual offenders
of the rules, but it is largely an effective arrangement.  I'm sure
there are very many people (myself included) who have an interest in
the NANOG discussions but simply can not take the sheer volume of
messages.

Peter