time for a new list?

Keith McCallion keith at iswest.net
Tue Nov 3 03:31:02 UTC 1998

On Mon, 2 Nov 1998, Joe  Shaw wrote:

> I think moderating the group might not be such a bad idea.  The only
> problem with this would be getting someone who had enough time to actually
> moderate the list.  I don't know what is going on lately, but it seems
> egos and animosity are running rampant on both inet-access and nanog.  I
> have been caught up in it myself, and for that I apologize.

Every once and awhile a message is sent to the list that needs immediate
propogation. A fiber cut notice that might benefit other companies, things
like that. Therefore I'm not sure total moderation would be the right
answer. Maybe moderation for the average-user such as myself and allow
posts from the more active/knowledgable/important people to go right
through without moderation.

Keith
Keith Michael McCallion                         Network Operations Manager
Trippin @ irc.hick.com                           Internet Specialties West
keith at iswest.net                                 31194 La Baya Dr, Ste 100
(818) 735 3000 Ext. 107                     Westlake Village, Calif. 91362