2U chassis (was Linux Router Kit)

Rob Walker rob at varesearch.com
Sun Nov 1 03:18:39 UTC 1998

Geoff> If I use a mother board that has Ultra2 scsi and 10/100 all on
Geoff> board I don't need anything else, theese are servers, I don't
Geoff> need sound cards, framebuffers, or anything else, just space
Geoff> for two 4 Gig disks

Geoff> The units that mention 5 slot passive backplanes... can I still
Geoff> put an ATX formfactor motherboard in the bottom?

The Nightshade motherboard from Intel fits this, with 10/100, scsi, 2
meg video built in.

I know I saw some L-shaped PCI / ISA cards over near one of these
chasis just the other day near a salesmans desk.  This would allow for
another pci networking card.  However, I don't know whether or not we
are selling them right yet.  That question/answer belongs to
sales at varesearch.com.

rob