INTERNIC Question

Steve Sobol sjsobol at shell.nacs.net
Sat May 30 03:42:04 UTC 1998

On Thu, May 28, 1998 at 10:14:52AM -0700, Ben Kirkpatrick wrote:
>    It's been awhile since I messed with this, but I seem to remember
> something that worked like this.  After you submit the template, you
> should get back a receipt with the NIC tracking number in the
> subject line.  To get status, you finger #######@rs.internic.net ,
> or maybe it was ops.internic.net.  The result should be easy to
> parse cuz it's always in the same format.
>    The down side is that you often don't get the receipt in time and
> that you're using the Internic's database key instead of your own.

finger NIC-#####@rs.internic.net

I think you can also do this for open invoices you have with them,
as well as tickets opened for correspondence with InterNIC staff.

--
Steven J. Sobol - Founding Member, Postmaster/Webmaster, ISP Liaison --
Forum for Responsible & Ethical E-mail (FREE) - Dedicated to education about,