The Great Exchange

Jay R. Ashworth jra at scfn.thpl.lib.fl.us
Fri May 29 15:57:44 UTC 1998

On Fri, May 29, 1998 at 08:09:24AM -0700, Vadim Antonov wrote:
> As a router manufacturer i can assure you that keeping detailed
> transfer records at today backbone's speeds is totally infeasible.
> (I do not say impossible, but the equipment capable of doing that
> doesn't exist, and would cost _at least_ two orders of magnitude
> more than conventional routers).

Oh.  Then it's considerably worse than just "three times the CPU".  Ok.

Thanks, Vadim.  ;-)

Cheers,
-- jra
The Suncoast Freenet      "Two words: Darth Doogie."  -- Jason Colby,
Tampa Bay, Florida             on alt.fan.heinlein             +1 813 790 7592

Managing Editor, Top Of The Key sports e-zine ------------ http://www.totk.com