PROPOSAL #2 - reform of the fee schedule (fwd)

Karl Denninger karl at mcs.net
Fri May 29 01:43:43 UTC 1998

On Thu, May 28, 1998 at 06:15:33PM -0700, Michael Dillon wrote:
> On Thu, 28 May 1998, Karl Denninger wrote:
>
> > I would like to ask the AC to direct Kim Hubbard to produce a list of the
> > number of allocations in each of the fee categories currently listed, along
> > with the documentation required to process each.
>
> I'd love to see all these documents but currently the ARIN folks sign NDAs
> and won't let anyone see this stuff, not AC members or BoT members. Before
> I deal with this I'd like to get an idea from the members how many of you
> would sue me personally if I voted for a proposal to order ARIN employees
> to break the NDAs that they signed with your company.

An NDA cannot cover publically available information Michael (and to the
extent it does, its unenforceable).

Please cut the strawmen; I have already explained this in detail twice (and
in fact the proposal does so).

The fact that a business plan was requested is not confidential.  That a
business plan was produced isn't either (neither rises to the level of a
trade secret, nor can it).  The CONTENTS of the document may be confidential.

It is not necessay to produce the CONTENTS to show the documentary trail.

This is the second time you've raised this strawman, and its just as invalid
this time as it was the last.

Karl Denninger (karl at MCS.Net)| MCSNet - Serving Chicagoland and Wisconsin
http://www.mcs.net/          | T1's from $600 monthly / All Lines K56Flex/DOV